plumrose



Sunday 24 February 2013

Tim Holtz Tathered Challenge

I love Tim's products, but I must say I do Pretty better than I do grunge or abstract. So my flowers are both tissue paper and cardstock, in pretty colors.
 
 
 


 
I also wanted to try out some paints for the background. I used 3 colors of Enamel paints, misted the tag first, dropped on some paint, and start spritzing everywhere until it started to run. I took a couple of trys to get it right as the paint went on too thick in the beginning.
 


Let it dry. One of the kids used my heat tool and didn't bring it back, so I towel dried it. I tried it on the tag, and lots of scrap cardstock...white as I needed some for the die cut flowers.
 
 
For the tissue paper flowers, I pressed the tissue down into the stamp with my fingertip . It helped get the ink applied and actually embossed the stamp into the tissue. Cool!
 

Used an archival ink to add Lady stamp. It worked well on the enamel paint, but added a worded stamp didn't work. It smuged and didn't look so nice.I tried using archival ink and distress ink, but neither worked. I had to repaint that little section and instead glued in a metal sentement.
 
 
 
So, here we have the painted and tissue flowers. The cardstock flowers are embossed with the dot folder. Centered with a rose pearl.
 


 

 
Simon Says Stamp: Metal=ology
 
 

 

 

 
 

 

7 comments:

  1. Wow, these are totally feminine and really beautiful. Yours turned out pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are totally feminine and really beautiful. Yours turned out pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm stopping over from the SA yahoo group. Love the flowers on your pretty tag, you've inspired me to go make some. Check out my blog if you get a chance. Maybe we could follow each other! Barb www.king-designs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are so pretty, delicate colours too, Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura, I'm perusing the entries in the tattered flowers challenge, yours are so delicate and pretty, a lovely tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tissue paper and card stock work well together. Pretty.

    Visit my Tattered Floral entries on my blog:
    Rose Box - http://eridoodle.blogspot.com/2013/03/tattered-florals-vintage-rose-box.html
    and
    Lunch Bag rose - http://eridoodle.blogspot.com/2013/02/tim-holtz-tattered-florals-die-challenge.html

    Best of luck in the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals challenge.
    -Pam

    ReplyDelete