plumrose



Thursday 6 September 2012

TH CC2...Kraft Resist

Okay, I am super excited that I finally got a chance to buy Tim Holtz second edtion of Compendium of Curiosities. Got it while craft shopping in the States with a friend at Hobby Lobby. Nothing like being able to use a coupon with "books" (unlike at Michaels :(  ) I hemmed and hawed about what to buy with my coupon, either the umbrella man die or the book. I had the unbrella man stamp already and figured I could just cut around it if need be....so I went for the book. Glad I did.
So now I get to play along at Studioi L3. Challenge # 19
But as murphy's law would have it.....I'm super busy now filling orders. So I had to whip this one up quickly to get it in before the deadline.

I discovered that Milled Lavender Distress Ink is quite pale. Both in the mister and inked with the applicator. But the flowers and oval frame are both misted with ML and Perfect Pearls. Then wiped off the access from the embossed parts.As you can see, the  PP is shining thru, but the ML isn't noticable.  The ML didn't show heavy enough around the base of the card either so I used some of the new Picked Raspberry instead. Stamped some of the same color with the florishes and a bit on the shell.



I'm not the best at getting good photos, but this one did capture some of the resist of the roses. There's also resist in  the mailing stamp and there is a tad of it on the oval circle.


No comments:

Post a Comment