plumrose



Saturday 10 December 2011

Tim Tag # 9

For the first time, I'm playing along with Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas. Every day is a new tag and every day I learn a new tecnique. Tag #9 I learned that you can double heat emboss. It's not at all looking like what Tim has done with his, but I inked the trees with Pine Needles distress inks, then heat embossed with clear powder. The snowflakes I inked with Tumbled Glass and heat embossed with white powder.



The Deers were cut out from an old Christmas card. They had a photo like quality to it so I wasn't sure how well they would take to the heat embossing. Turns out they didn't warp or bubble, and took the heat quite well. Even the heavier embossing on the top of the deers head and antlers.


Back


Challenge: Simon Says Stamp

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous tag Laura :-) Great recycling of old cards !! I love it :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete