plumrose



Sunday 27 November 2011

Christmas - tag

I'm a new fan of Tim Holtz and really looking forward to this years tag creations. So of course I'm in tag mode. Altho I still don't know exactly what tags are used for, I'm right into them.

I didn't follow any one's design on this tag, altho I feel it's not very original. But I have tried some new techniques. Like with the charm. I used Tim's clear charm, picked an image from one of his papers, added some sparkle Stickles around the edge of the charm, some Glossy Accents throughout the middle and glued the charm to the paper. Then removed the rest of the paper by cutting around the charm with my Bee scissors. Then used some Metalic Gold Alcohol Inks to color around the edges. It freely hangs from the ribbon above it, and around the poinsettia, using the the rubbery, stretchy, wire that comes with bead kits. And that's attached to a metal ring with some added beads.



The Poinsettia is an svg cut, the kind you wrap around and around to get the flower.

The icicles is also an svg cut, the grass file. Then glued up and Diamond Dusted the whole thing for extreme sparkle.

The holly leaf is stamped and heat embossed, but the berries are a big dab of Distress Stickles. Then cut off the same matching paper as the tag and glued onto the tag.




The red ribbon has a tendency to fray quite a bit, so I heavily glued the end and added a little pearl jewelry bead to each end.

For the 25 number I inked a little with Fired Brick ink and then covered it with some Distress Crackle paint....next time I'll go much heavier with it! :)

So, I still need to know...as much fun as it is to make tags.....what are they used for?

Until next time!

Entered in Simon Says Stamp challenge

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful festive tag

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week

    Hugs

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura

    Thanks for your comment on the snowman soup, glad you like the project. The ingredients for the soup are indeed slipped in from the side and held in place with a sticky foam pad, placed so that it is out of sight. Hope that helps. Lovin your tag but like you didn't know quite what to do with them until I hit on the idea of always making a card to go with the tag, then I put my tag on the wall with blue tack and when I give a gift pick one and use it for gift wrapping with the matching card!
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura this is stunning, love the vintage Tim Holtz style tag... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete