plumrose



Thursday 10 November 2011

4 Folding Cards

Good Morning everyone. How's everyone's Thanksgiving and Christmas crafting going? I veered away from Christmas for these cards. All are 4 X 4. And because they were all made from a piece of card stock, rather than an prefolded card, I also had to make the envelopes for them.

I found this on this you tube tut. Intended to add to a card on the front cover I think, but I thought they were sweet enough for a unique little card all on its own.  


The flower was hand-sewin together from 5 pieces of round material, gathered on one end, then all sewin together to make a flower. Then added a die cut flower for the center, and a little gem. Oh, and a little ceramic butterfly, and some distress inking around all the edges.






The envelope is an svg cut file, tweaked a bit to fit the card inside, and made from white card stock. For the customer to close it afterwards, I adhered a strip of two way tape inside...leaving one side of it for them to peel away when they're ready.



So here's a few more:








I'm not too happy with how the Perfect Pearls turned out on this cover...the postage stamp is just too thin, so I'll add a matching piece of paper and heat emboss the same stamp with some gold or copper powder.




Okay, so here's the redo.... much better with the heat embossing!










No comments:

Post a Comment