plumrose



Tuesday 18 October 2011

Paper Bag Mini Album - Knights and Castles

Here's my mini 6"x8", album I did for the little guy that loves Knights and Castles. What fantastic paper - it took the work out of my hands for this project. I didn't think younger boys were into journaling alot, so I didn't do any spaces for that. The paper was too nice to cover up anyways.  But I did keep the bookmarks in.



I recently purchased a Versamark pen. It's the coolest thing EVER. (Well until the next coolest thing) It has two end tips of different sizes, that allows you to add some embossing powder to paper without the use of a stamp. So here I picked a few places on the Knight and his sword, and the horse to emboss with antique gold. The hinges are Tim Holtz precut grunge paper, same with the key hole and key. I inked them up with Walnut Distress inks and added copper Perfect Pearls  - thicker in spots. I have alot of trouble with the Perfect Pearls rubbing off, even when misted, so this time I sprayed the pieces lightly with hairspray. The lock and key is held together by some crafters magnets. It's not very strong as it has to work thru the thick grunge paper, (it's underneath the key hole, and and the other visible, on the otherside of the key), but it holds for decorative purposed anyways. And of course, all pages are inked around the edges.










I did 3 tags for this album. One tag even has a secret hiding place for those secret notes he wants hidden away.





1 comment:

  1. This is lovely. I am so glad you shared this with everyone. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete