plumrose



Thursday 26 May 2011

Window cards - gear


A friend introduced me to these window cards, and I must say had a lot of fun using them. So Jan, thanks for that. xx

The paper was traced from the card itself and cut out to size, then I used my ATG gun to glue it on. The stiff cardboard backing of a pad of paper came in handy when my new Tim Holtz Big Sizzix Die Gaget Gears arrived. It punched thru it like butter. Love it. So I colored the window gear with gold paint, added a spotted stamp with T.H. vintage photo distress inks, and when it was all dry I covered it with Glossy Accents to give it a botton type feel to it.  The larger gear is just painted with an enamel gold with the same spotted stamp/color added. Dad is embossed with gold, and a gold ribbon down one side.

Entered for the Tim Holtz Simon Says challenge:

http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/


 


1 comment:

  1. Fabby card Laura, I love the sparkle :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our Fathers Day / Male card challenge and for sharing your Tim goodies with us
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete